Research and Publications
Much of Artios’ work is focused on carrying out Research, Assessments and Performance management - M&E assignments. Our consultants must have up to date expertise and experience of quantitative and qualitative approaches to understand the impact of any work. Within this is a desire for innovation and especially with the integration and exploitation of new technologies, be that engineering tools or data & analytics systems.
To maintain this high rigor in our work, Artios foster a culture of peer review, and where possible by publication or public debate. The CEO is an alumni of the ‘IDEAS’ Foreign Policy Think Tank - http://www.lse.ac.uk/ideas and staff are regulars at conferences in the UK, Europe and United States.
A sample of our publications and contributions is as follows:
Disaster Relief & Development
· CDC (2015) ‘Initiation of a Ring Approach to Infection Prevention and Control at Non-Ebola Health Care Facilities — Liberia, January–February 2015’ Available at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4584827/
· Luke (2015) ‘Information as aid: Malaria prevention in the Ebola outbreak’ https://www.internews.org/sites/default/files/2017-05/Liberia_Humanitarian_Newsletter_15.pdf
Tech Training Tools
· Mellor, Luke et al (2016) ‘Experience of Using Simulation Technology and Analytics During the Ebola Crisis to Empower Frontline Health Workers and Improve the Integrity of Public Health Systems. Available at https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877705816322044’
· Mellor,Luke et al (2015) Advancing today’s training and tomorrow’s outbreak preparedness: the importance of innovation. Available at http://globalhealth.thelancet.com/2015/07/30/advancing-todays-training-and-tomorrows-outbreak-preparedness-importance-innovation
· Alford, Brad and Kennedy, Michael (2016) "Adapting the ERW Community to Combat IED Threats," Journal of Conventional Weapons Destruction: Vol. 20 : Iss. 3 , Article 6. Available at: http://commons.lib.jmu.edu/cisr-journal/vol20/iss3/6